emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Week 22: I'm humpty dumpty!

So this week was one full of bumps, bruises, and blessings. 

We had transfers on Tuesday! We got sister Coleman :) she is so sweet. She is from Kanab, Utah. We all get along really well which is great :) 

We had some great lessons with our friends and Shania is really progressing. We are really excited to see her continue. We actually got to go to the farmers market with her which was so much fun! We also had some stressful scheduling situations where people wanted to have lessons that day right after a lesson we had planned, but timing always works out because the Lord is in charge. 

Elena is back for the summer so we are hoping to get her baptized soon. Also, her sister is really interested so we met with them this week. It's so exciting when people see the blessings and happiness of the gospel.

One blessing this week was when sister Ferris' bike broke. The piece that holds the wheel in place broke. We were able to make it home safely and then the next day stopped at the bike shop on the way to the institute and gave us the piece she needed for free. Such a miracle! 

And the others came on Saturday. We were biking over a set of railroad tracks that we go over a lot. But this time I must have hit at the wrong angle. My bike was turned and ripped out from under me. The first blessing was that there were no cars at that time. The next that I was in sturdy pants that helped protect my legs some. Another that I wasn't scraped up too bad, just my hands, knee, and some major bruises. And finally that my bike wasn't broken. When we got home I had to fix the brakes on my front tire, but it was an easy fix and everything else was fine so we were able to bike home safely. So I'm okay, and just struggling with my bike. That was really the only crash I've had. But I have fallen off a few times in the last three weeks, but I've been protected. Still don't know why I'm struggling so much with my bike haha. 

I know the Lord helps us and that we may not be able to be saved from every bruise and bump in life, but as we are doing all we can to follow Him, He helps us and watches over us. Bad things still come in life, but we are able to have the strength and comfort to make it through. He is aware of us and puts those in our lives who can help us and who we are meant to help. Take note and thank them and help who you can.

Love you all!
Sister Nielson 





No comments:

Post a Comment