emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Week 21: Crash and Burn

Howdy folks!

This has been another good week for the books. 

On Tuesday we did a finding activity with our district after district meeting. We all went to downtown Athens and had people take a survey and passed out popsicles :) it was a lot of fun. We were able to try it out and figure out what we need to change and do for when we do it on campus. It's been exciting. And two people actually said they wanted to meet up and we set up appointments with them. One didn't show up, but the other we really think will. It's for tomorrow so stay posted. 

On a sad note we found out that Nashville tribute band became apostate music :( it had been okayed, but now it's not. We were so sad about that because we were just finding really fun ones from them. 

But on an exciting note, we got a trainers call! We are going to be training! Woot woot! We are so excited :) we don't know if it will be a new sister or one from the Cartersville stake that we got from the boundary changes. But we will find out tomorrow :) 

We've been looking into doing English classes and getting all that figured out. There is a lot of information and legalities we have to find out about. But we think they will be exciting and useful with all of the foreign students.

New experiences this week- the Wendy's 4 for $4! Amazing. We got it on the way back from the trainers meeting and it was amazing :) also, to the title, I fell off my bike this week ha ha. We were biking up this hill and all the trashes were out on the sidewalk. Apparently I was a little too close to one and my handle bars hit it. And then either that jolted me over or I over

corrected into a mailbox. I wasn't going very fast so it wasn't bad, but because of the mailbox I half bailed and just landed on my hands. No scrapes or anything. Just a bruised ego. We were laughing pretty hard at that. And then today, we were getting off of our bikes and I have a guys bike so it comes up really high (not good for skirts and dresses). But my foot got caught in my skirt and I fell into some gravel. I'm ok, just a bit scraped up haha. What a week!

But we are so excited for this upcoming transfer! 

Also, today I was reading in Alma 50 about Moroni preparing and fortifying the people and lands from the Lamanites. I love the war chapters and we always talk about the details he does for each city of walks of dirt and timbers and pickets and towers, but what I noticed this time was that they chased out all of the lamanites who were in their east lands and had his people build cities and placed his armies so that they had all of their lands together and kept the lamanites in their lands to the south. It reminded me that, yes, we need to fortify ourselves for attacks that may come, but we also need to take care of what we already have. To build it up and chase out any small things that might weaken us or distract us. So I invite you all to take a few minutes and find something in your life that you need to just be better at or cleaned up and make a plan on how you can "drive out the lamanites" and build your cities.

Love you all!
Sister Nielson :)

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment