emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Week 1: Feast Upon the Words of Christ

Hey everyone!

I've made it to the MTC! After waiting four and a half months it actually came. I'm so excited to be here. It is so amazing and you can tell how important our purpose is. And it is beautiful. I would've loved to be here when it was warm, green, and sunny out. I'll be here for just over 3 weeks. It looks like we leave on March 18th, so longer than we had previously thought. 

Day one we met our district and I have the best district. We have two other sisters and 3 sets of elders. 3 of the elders are going to the Utica New York mission, and the rest are going to the best mission ever (aka Georgia, Atlanta North). We have cool teachers, Brother Ditto and Sister Wilkinson. My companion is Sister Spencer. She is so sweet.  And she is from Pocatello Idaho. She's pretty quiet. She does talk, but when she does it is barely above a whisper. But she's got the spirit with her, great ideas, and we love to joke and laugh. So that's all been good. 

Holy cow! The food is so good here! And there is plenty of it!!! I'm being really good though and eating fruit and vegetables each meal, mom :) but even with the great meals, my two states have become tired and hungry, so I guess not that much has changed ha ha. 

There is so much that goes on, and everything is all scheduled out.  It seems like there isn't enough time for the things they ask us to study or do outside of our schedule, but thank heavens this is the Lord's work because we somehow have been getting it done. Even though we've only been here a few days, it's amazing how tired I am already. 16 hour days, constantly going and the spirit just really take it out of you. Which makes classes at night funnier than they probably ought to be. One sister was talking about having a journal to take notes and having a utensil ready. She got caught up and the word utensil saying it sounded funny so I chimed in saying we had our utensils out to feast upon the words of Christ. So I've still got my wit :)

I've seen a few friends and sisters serving from my different wards here. It's so cool to see everyone. And the light all the missionaries have. It's so amazing here.  But it is a lot. Yesterday I could tell my body was just full. I was tired and there were all these changes but I was good mentally which was great. I just needed a good cry or something to just let the emotions calm down. But we finally got to start working out and that was amazing. They have records up and I think they replace them each year, because there are some I might try to beat. So stay posted for future victory emails :)

Oh yeah, I also was called to be the senior companion because I have so much experience :P luckily there's not many duties for that role here in the MTC which is nice since we are both so new. But it's cool. 
And then today we got to go to the temple this morning which was just absolutely amazing. It was exactly what I needed. And absolutely beautiful. I was thinking and realized how we as missionaries are true messengers sent from the Father to teach further light and knowledge to his Children. It was amazing and powerful. And how it's not just the role of missionaries to help this. It's everyone's job. We may not all have been officially called by God, but personally he can give us specific callings to help his children. It's a good reminder to think about what the Lord has personally asked of us.

Thanks for all the support! Love y'all and come back now ya hear!
-Sister Nielson :)










4 comments:

  1. Way to go Emiline!
    Love, Fiddler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, tell those utica elders to keep an eye out for elder mcomber when they get to new york
    -Fiddler

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update and the pictures! Sounds like you are doing amazing just like I knew you would.

    ReplyDelete