emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Friday, March 29, 2019

Week 4:Go Dawgs!!!!

Hey y'all! 

I made it to Georgia!!!! I am in Athens Georgia, in the UGA ysa ward!! So it's a very different experience than the regular tracting for families in different areas. But we get to teach lots of people who are pretty solid because they are usually brought by friends. So the institute is our home basically. We spend all day there, studying, teaching lessons, helping with the books on some days. And to go contacting we take the buses to downtown and different parts of campus. We are a bike only area, so we are very grateful for the buses and the institute only being 2 miles away. It is very hilly here. And the perfect weather. It's been 60-70° so absolutely beautiful. And everything is turning green and getting ready to flower. So it's nice outside, but usually cold inside haha. 

So I am in a trio, which is awesome! With sister guillory and sister Bronson both from Utah. This is sis guillory's last transfer, and sis Bronson has been out for 6 months. They are so fun! We laugh a lot which is nice. I haven't been as tired as I expected. I mean I'm still tired, but not exhaustipated. Our branch is cool! We are working with some great people, some recent concerts, and some just struggling the branch president has asked us to help with. 

It's amazing the feeling you have as a missionary. I can feel the spirit around me constantly and like a bubble of protection. It's so amazing! And seeing how much of a blessing the gospel is is so cool! I hope I can help people feel it so that they can want and get it in their lives. 

We are teaching Josh who is solid, and on date for April 20th. Emily who we just had a great turning lesson with. Elena is awesome and pretty excited to learn. Sevval we are teaching English, which I love! She is from Turkey. And then, we'll call her Nicole, who is Persian from Iran. She is really interested and believing. She really wants to go to the temple someday. She is worried about her family and home because if they find out she is Christian they will kill her and her family. But I know the Lord will help her. So it is just amazing here. 

We got to go contacting at a tiny little free wildlife rescue/zoo because it was the bears birthday party. We met a nice family from one of the family wards and talked with some awesome college girls. It was a blast! I've also had angel's with me to help me not crash. My bike at first was too tall for me and we could not get the seat down, so that combined with not having ridden a bike for a few years was really funny. I have not crashed though, and I know it was help from angels. The Lord provides and protects, even my clumsy little heart 😂

There was a quote one of the leaving missionaries said at transfer meeting I liked. She said wake up determined, go to bed satisfied. So I really liked that.

It definitely is a big change, but I'm excited and ready to work hard!

Love y'all 
Sister Nielson :D 






3 comments:

  1. Totally awesome. Have a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics. That flower wall looks pretty neat. I’ve never seen anything like that. What does your mission President coach you to do regarding Nicole? Her family situation is hard to deal with. What do you do when she believes, but her family will threaten her. That situation is so scary and so real for Nicole. Just curious on what is suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, now I really want a picture of you riding you bike with the seat too tall:). Alia just got a new bike and she’s loving it.

    ReplyDelete