emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week 61: All of Cummings fits on a Wall

Hey y'all!

This week we had to take some companionship pictures to use as the cover photos of our Facebook pages. They want it to have us and well known landmarks of the area so people can easily identify where we are serving. Unfortunately, Cumming is very small and spread out, so there really aren't many if any landmarks. But there is an area downtown that they hold a fair and they have a wall painted with some things that could be considered well known, so we took lots of pictures there. And most things were labeled with Cumming, so hopefully people can identify where haha 

We have been able to continue with our English class lessons and even start up a live class for every Thursday. The first one went pretty well, we learned a few things, discovered some bumps- like when it uploaded to facebook it lost all video quality and you couldn't read anything we had written on the board. So we will make sure it can be read this week.

I have been studying the talks given from this last general conference, and one morning the talk I read coincided very well with where I was reading in the scriptures. In an especially noble calling sister Jones said, "The Lord’s loving influence through the Holy Ghost helps us know His priority for our progression. Heeding personal revelation leads to personal progression." And then as I was thinking about how to best follow God's priority for us I read Alma ch 37. I'm not going to give away all the gems I found, but I will share this one verse with y'all. Verse 37: Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good.  I strongly suggest you all read alma chapter 37 and think about president Nelson's repeated question of "How do you hear Him?" 

I love you all, and am so thankful for the love and support you all give me. Stay safe!

Hermana Nielson :D
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment