emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Monday, April 6, 2020

Week 58: Making our apartment a shelter (in place)

Howdy
doodle!

Yes, we are in a shelter in place so we can only leave for necessities or to exercise outside. And today we were asked to wear a mask every time we go out. Luckily one of our apartment companion's mom sent out an Easter package with masks so we have them already! 

We had transfers Wednesday because we couldn't meet for transfer meeting. So the people going home got dropped off at the airport by their companions and then that afternoon everyone else did their switcheroos. Sadly, sister Smith got transferred, but I got Sister Anderson who is awesome! She is from Logan Utah and has been out for 10 months. I can't believe it, but I've been out for 13 months! 

Conference this weekend was amazing!! We have been inviting all of our friends to watch because this is such an amazing opportunity to hear the voice of God through his living prophets in our day. Our friend maria was so excited to watch that she texted us multiple times to get the information while we were trying to get the link sent to her ha ha. I loved each of the talks, the message themes, and the counsel given to all of us to prepare ourselves. I pray that we can all focus as they taught, on hearing Him. Personal revelation is critical for each and every one of us. This has been something that I have been struggling with a lot lately. Feeling like I wasn't receiving personal revelation. I know how important it is, especially as a missionary trying to help others which just made me feel all the worse about not getting it. After a good cry session with my mom a few Mondays ago, she helped me see how Satan was undermining my thoughts. Since I have cast him out from my mind I am feeling so much better. I'm not suddenly recognizing all the revelation I receive, but I have the peace and trust that I am doing what I can and what is right. That I have the access to heaven in the ways I need, and will have the access when I need it in other ways. I will continue to work on recognizing the revelations I receive, and the specific ways I Hear Him, as I go back and study the words of the Lord's ordained apostles. I invite each of you to do the same and can promise that you will find the peace and hope that we all need in our lives. 

Love y'all!
Hermana Nielson :D 









No comments:

Post a Comment