emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Week 48:Howdy

Howdy howdy my people!

Another good week down! 

We had zone conference this week and that is always so uplifting and inspiring. One thing our mission president has come up with that he is pushing is mnemonics. It is a way of remembering things using mental images. So I can know say the basic doctrine in every chapter and section in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants. It is pretty amazing and useful. And he is just about to give us the ones for the new testament. 

We had exchanges with the senior senior training leaders this week. They are something we have in our mission that are the girl version of the assistants to the president. It was fun to go on exchanges with them. Their area is a part of our area but they are English. But, there are lots of Spanish speakers too. So i was able to practice lots since I was the only one who could speak Spanish. It was cool to see how much the Lord has been helping me with learning the language. 

I also got the wonderful opportunity to video call into my home state for a mission prep night they put on for the youth. So the young women were able to ask us questions about what it is like and our experiences. It was amazing. They are really the better generation as my mission president says. The next generation is always better than the last. It was really fun to be able to see some people from back home, and to be able to reflect on my experiences and what I've learned. 

So overall it has been a good week with lots of great learning experiences :)

Thanks for all the love and support!
Love,
Hermana Nielson :D 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment