emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Week 33: Dawg Days are Over

Hola!

This week has been pretty good. 

I gave a training at district council. I talked about some of the ideas at conference like our defensive and offensive plans against satan and pulled out all my remembering of learning about the anatomy of castles from my family history class. It actually went pretty well. (*disclude from email- other than my companions not really paying attention and actually getting up to eat while I gave it because it was over video chat) 

We met some really cool people on campus. There was a Chinese girl named Xinyi who was super cute and nice. We also met a girl who seems really interested named Lisa, which is funny because the other sisters just had a Lisa get baptized. So hopefully these people continue meeting with us. 

Sister Trussell got a call and will be training a new missionary so we got to go down to trainers meeting. That was good as always. We went to eat with lots of the sisters after at a place called Don Pedro's. It was so cheap and soooooo good. 

Jeana is doing so well. She keeps growing in her faith and light. She came to church on Sunday and even got up and bore her testimony. It was awesome!!! 

So I am being transferred tomorrow. It's pretty bitter sweet. I'm excited to experience something new and a family ward, but I am going to really miss campus and the ysa branch here. They really have become family. But I got switched to Spanish so I will be learning that! And I am going to an area called Stone Mountain. It is down at the bottom of the mission, close to Atlanta and the mission office. They have two sets of Elders there right now, but we will be the first sisters there. My companion is sister Zuniga :) she was in the stake that got moved into our mission a few months ago. I've heard that she is the funniest. I am excited :) (*I'm also a little worried because I got a call explaining that we would be living in a members basement apartment, and that she has been going through some rough things and to just be my loving supporting self. So we will see how that goes. Especially since we are white washing and she is training someone in spanish. So lots of stress, but I know the Lord will support us and I think she seems pretty cool from the little I have met her.)

This week has really been a testimony builder about how much good can be done without knowing it. And how much love is the best influence. I've been able to create such good relationships with the branch members and have gotten to see little bits of how I was able to help lots of them personally just by loving and serving them. I'm really going to miss them, but I'll be back. Go Dawgs!!

Love y'all!
Sister Nielson

P.s. the place I'm going is the place we got Don Pedro's! 🌮


  









No comments:

Post a Comment