emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Week 30: Stadium Service

Howdy y'all! This was such a good week :)

We talked with so many people and found quite a few who are interested in learning more and strengthening their relationships with Christ. 

We had zone conference this week which was probably the best zone conference I've been to. It was so inspiring and motivating. We got some great ideas and have had a sense of urgency in talking with people and helping them understand the importance of the restored gospel. We really liked an idea about sharing the why then the how, and then the what. It really helps show how it applies to everyone and is meant to help them each personally.  

After zone conference we had exchanges with the senior sister training leaders. One of them went back to UGA with my companions and I went to Lilburn with another. It was also a 3 way exchange with the Oconee Spanish sisters. It was such a fun exchange. They sisters I was with only have 9 weeks left in their mission and they are just absolutely amazing and powerful. I loved getting to learn from them about being able to follow the spirit in testifying in simple but powerful statements. 

One of the recent converts was ordained to the priesthood this week. It was wonderful to get to be there for that. And to see how excited Matthaeus is to be able to help people with God's power. It was a very wonderful night.

Then Saturday was Game Day!! We got to help put out the shaker pompoms on all the seats. A member in the branch is in the air force ROTC and invited us to come help. It was a lot of work and very very hot, but it was so fun!! And we were actually in the stadium! I touched the grass haha after we talked with tons of people, set church up, pulled out our table and lemonade and talked with more people. One guy saw us and said, "every time I've taken a card the dawgs have won Since the game didn't start until 8 people were getting really drunk, so we left just after seven to go home and do our studies. It was a long, exhausting day but so amazing!! 

On Sunday we talked about fortifying our lives and homes and learned from the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. I love when it talks about Captain Moroni because I look up to him so much and am trying to be like him. I love alma 48:13 "Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ, and he had sworn with an oath to defend his people, his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood." And it really hit me this time, haven't I made that same promise? I'm really trying to live by the same principles and motivation. I may not have to fight in a battle like him, but I still must live as righteously and valiantly as him with Christ central to my life. I cannot forget what truly matters most. And neither can you! So hold strong and find your purpose.

I love you all!
Sister Nielson :)






 



No comments:

Post a Comment