emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Monday, September 2, 2019

Week 26: Howdy all y'all

This has been another good week. We had a lesson with a guy named Trey who took the religious survey we did and he is very open! He is super interested in reading the Book of Mormon and when we taught him the restoration the spirit was so powerful! I'm really excited for him to read and feel the same spirit and now that it is true! There is so much joy and getting other people to experience it is so amazing! The best part of being a missionary. 

We met two girls, Hillary and Andrea, who moved up from Peru. Andrea got baptized in Peru and has brought Andrea to church. She is interested and wants to know what she can do to prepare for baptism! They are so amazing!

We had four week follow up this week which is where all the trainers and new missionaries meet up and discuss how training is going. It was such a good meeting! Very inspiring. I had been trying to work on being better and new the Lord was trying to direct me. I got part of my answer at district meeting on Tuesday, but was really not seeing how I could apply it, and Heavenly Father new I was trying, but also knows how much I struggle haha, so someone had to directly say what I needed to hear for me to finally have it click. I am grateful the Lord has a lot of patience with me. Answers will come, I can promise that. But sometimes it is on the Lord's timing, or we are not understanding it. But if we are doing all we can, we will receive our answers eventually. 

We also had a branch activity that we got to go to and eat burgers and talk with the branch. It was so fun and I am enjoying having everyone back and being one big loving accepting family. We also had our first English class and had 3 people come :) Pablo and his wife Nicole, and Chris, their friend. They all moved from Chile recently. We also invited the girls from Peru to come this week :) it was fun and I hope they continue to go well. 

This has kinda been an interesting week. Lots of people have dropped us, so that was kinda disappointing, but I'm excited to work with those who are ready. There is an urgency in the work and I can feel it. We must prepare and be prepared and if we are not willing to act then we will not be ready. So please, act and be ready :) that's all for my preaching today haha

Love you all!
Sister Nielson :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment