emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Week 12: Sweat is the Work

Hello everyone!!

The weather has been warming up over here. We are getting into the 90s with high humidity. I believe I will be constantly sweating for the next 4 months haha everyone says they love the people because they serve with them. Here in Georgia we love them because we sweat with them. 

Well, this week has been amazing! We've had some great lessons with those we are working with. We had a special experience with a member we are working with. He is struggling to feel love, and we didn't know what to do or how to help him. So we did a yellow pad prayer as a companionship. And after we had a few ideas we were going to do with him, the Lord stepped in and magnified all if our efforts. The next lesson we had with him we read a conference talk and he felt that one of the paragraphs was just for him. It was such a sweet experience to have with him. 

Matt had his baptism this Saturday and he was so excited!! We are all so happy for him. He was soaking up everything the speakers were saying. He still has a lot to learn and understand about the gospel, but he is ready to make covenants and progress on his path. His girlfriend, Mel, introduced him to the gospel, and her family has taken him in and has been so supportive and helped him understand things. They are such a blessing to him and us. And we also had a tender mercy at his baptism. All of the piano players in the branch have left for the summer, so we were just going to play it off of a speaker, but some elders were able to come,  and one of them could play! It was such a blessing. And he was good enough to play the songs he wanted including battle hymn of the republic. It all worked out so well. 

Also, since all the piano players are gone, I played at sacrament meeting haha. I had one I played both hands that I've kinda practiced when we go set up church, and the others I just played the top hand. It was so chill and everyone was so understanding and supportive and sang really loud. It wasn't perfect, but I'm glad I could help out in any way I can. And it was the best circumstances I could have done that in. So that was a cool new experience. 

I'm also getting a lot tanner, if you can actually believe it! We are outside much more now that lots of people are gone for the summer or vacations, so we have done a lot more contacting. I have a really good watch line. And I have been wearing my sunscreen but I'm going to have to start reapplying throughout the day. Haha

But I'm loving every second! There were so many miracles and beautiful learning experiences. I love being a missionary!!

Love y'all! Stay awesome!

Sister Nielson :D











No comments:

Post a Comment