emiline.nielson@missionary.org

Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 6: Who let the Cow's out?!

Hey y'all!

This week has been busy but great!

This week I've been focusing on making my days great! By having a good attitude, constantly being grateful, and noticing all the beautiful little things. Like good days are nice, but great days are the best! :)

With contacting I've been able to have a few experiences of discussing Christ with a few different people. They weren't interested in the Church, but being able to share beliefs and experiences with others about Christ brings such a beautiful Spirit every time. Christ truly is a light that shines for all!

I've been working on better understanding my personal revelation and had such a tender mercy given to me by God. Some scriptures in Mosiah 24 were impressed in my mind, and gave me the comfort of knowing I carry God's name and have been set apart for these people and therefore have His power to help them, and also that I can be joyful and God remembers the covenants He makes with us. He is here with me and I know that I am doing what the Lord needs of me.  

We have also seen blessings in inspired contacting. There have been a few times that we didn't have much time in between lessons, but we went out and were able to find people we knew we were supposed to meet and bring light into their lives. God truly blessed us to be able to use the time we have for good. And one of those times we were contacting on campus they had cows out we got to pet! *Note the cow spit in my hair* It's great to be a missionary 😂

I have been so excited for Josh to be baptized and for how excited he is. We can see how much direction and peace the gospel has brought into his life and know how much more will come with his covenants to God and committing to follow Christ's path. It is truly a great day when you can see the light of Christ in someone blessing their lives. 

We also had a sad moment. Sevval, the girl we've been teaching English went back to Turkey. But to say goodbye she had us over to her house to have an authentic Turkish breakfast. It was really good and a great and funny experience. She is so sweet as well as her sister and mom. As we were eating they were having us try everything, and my companion teamed up against me to make me eat even more ha ha. She was trying not to laugh as I kicked her under the table and just kept eating what was on my plate. I was so full!!!! But it was a blessing to be able to see her before she went and give her a Book of Mormon. We had been having her read out of the Children's Book of Mormon and helping her with words and things through that. And we had been able to discuss our similar beliefs in God's protection and guidance through prophets. Across the world people have truths they know of God and His love and it is beautiful to hear and see them. 

General Conference was so amazing this weekend!! I know that God truly loves us and gave us prophets to guide us and head up His church with His authority and power and that He continues that today and we are blessed at the opportunity to hear from them so often. I know what they teach is true and will never guide us astray and that as we strive to live the teachings the Lord will bless us with power and protection. I invite all of you to read and study the prophets words and find ways to implement their teachings in your lives. I promise that you will see more light and joy as you do this. 

I hope everyone makes it a great week and knows that I love all of you and most importantly, so does Heavenly Father!

Love Y'all, 
Sister Nielson
 








 


1 comment:

  1. That was quite a face you had with the cow giving you more than you desired. We love reading your letters each week, and pray for you every day. Be your best every day and the blessings will come. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Platt

    ReplyDelete